Next we talked about the need for rules, and everyone contributed examples of how rules are used everywhere (e.g. crossing the street, board game rules, rules in sport, rules at home etc). We then talked about what suitable rules could be applied in the classroom. Some great ideas were put forward! To keep things simple we chose 5 rules. I won't tell you what they are until tomorrow. Lets see if your children can remember any of the five!! I have told them that they will get a sticker for each rule they can tell their family about.
Later I read a story called, "Just One Quiet Little Pine Tree". This series lends itself perfectly to exploring more about animals. We looked at how the illustrator has created interest in the pictures by doing a collage with feathers, leaves, and cloth material. I have asked everyone to come home and see if they have anything they can use for creating their very own collage tomorrow.
We finished the day on a positive note. Everyone had to state one thing they appreciated during the day. We are going to keep this as a daily ritual for the classroom. Perhaps you would like to ask your child what they appreciated about the day. Encourage them to share more than one answer!!
I look forward to seeing all of your children again tomorrow!!
If you have any questions you can ask here, on contact me between 7-8.30am or 4pm to 5.30pm on 0401 028 416
Have a lovely evening everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment